I have been a long time with Yahoo Messenger. Lately i have been asked by a colleague about an easy way to modify her Yahoo Messenger sounds, and today i would like to share the answer with you .
Many Yahoo Messenger (YM) users doesn’t seem to be aware that they can use any *.wav file as a their preferred YM sound. However, based on previous experience, finding a nice free *.wav file can be challenging. Therefore i prepared the following list of useful web sites from which you can download a free *.wav sound file that you can later use with YM. So here we go:
- Pacdv – free sound effects
- A1 Free sound effects
- Amazing Sounds
- WAV Sound archive (opens a pop-up – so make sure you have your popup blocker turned on)
So, How to change your YM sounds?
- Find a *.wav file in one of the aforementioned websites.
- Download the file to any folder in your computer.
- Open Yahoo Messenger.
- Click Messenger then Preferences
- Navigate to the Alerts & Sounds tab
- Yahoo Messenger (unlike AIM and other messengers), gives you the possibility to specify a sound for a variety of events (contact comes online, goes offline etc’).
- Highlight the event you’ll like to change the alert sound for
- Click the browse button and navigate to the *.wav file you have downloaded, select the file and click Open.
- Repeat the last two steps for the required events
- Once you are done, click Apply.
[tags] Yahoo Messenger, Yahho Messenger sounds [/tags]
Category: How Tos and Tutorials