You set up a LinkedIn account and created a profile in the past. Now, you want to get rid of it. Is it possible to delete a LinkedIn account?
A opposed to other social networks (such as MySpace for example), closing a LinkedIn account wasn’t that easy until not so long ago. Things have changed since then, and currently Linkedin is providing a simple procedure for you to close your account:
- Login to the account you want to close, then hit Accounts & Settings.
- Under Personal Info, hit Close your account
- Specify a reason and hit Continue.
- It might take up to 72 hours from the time you close it, until your LinkedIn profile will become un-viewable by your connections.
- Even after closing it, your LinkedIn profile might still be viewable (at least for some time) in search engines.
- If for some reason, you do close you account by mistake, you can still re-open it by contacting LinkedIn Customer Service.
Thanks to my readers who updated me of this change
Filed Under: Web Applications