So you have decided to join another over billion users (2013 figures) and get started with Facebook? This post will help you to set up your new Facebook account as well as guide you through the most common issues and errors you might encounter when joining Facebook from your desktop, laptop, or mobile device.
Signing up with Facebook from your desktop or laptop:
- Start by pointing your browser to www.Facebook.com
- At the right hand side your screen , you’ll find a form consisting of the initial information required to open up your Facebook page. Make sure to provide your primary e-mail address, as your account confirmation as well as other notifications from Facebook will be sent to that mailbox.
- Hit the green “Sign Up”button on it.
- On the next page you’ll need to fill in the security check and click the “Sign up” button.
- At this point, Facebook will send a confirmation email to the account you have used for registering . In order to access your Facebook account for the first time you will simply need to visit you mailbox, hit the activation link on that email and then you should be ready to sign into your new Facebook account.
Common Facebook sign up issues and how to solve them? (updated December 2013)
Here are the common hiccups encountered by our readers when trying to create or validate a Facebook account:
- You already have a Facebook account:Many people forget that once upon a time already set up an account with Facebook. Trying to sign up with a similar email address fires an error from Facebook. To solve this, all you’ll need to do is to recover your Facebook password.
- You didn’t receive the Facebook account confirmation email: Although the sign up process was successful, you didn’t receive a confirmation message. In most cases this is caused by a spam filter you have in place with your email provider. Go to your inbox and look for the confirmation letter from FB in your junk email folder.
- Facebook doesn’t accept either your Name or email address: Perhaps you tried to use a nickname as your First name or your email address format is sort of generic. Example: admin at your company dot com. To solve this, simply use your real name and or a different email address.
Encountered other Facebook login issues? Feel free to let us know.
Filed Under: Facebook Tips