How to change my Facebook background?

A slick trick that allows you to change your Facebook background color appearance

Question:

Rick asks: I would like to change my Facebook background.Not sure it’s possible as all Facebook profiles layout look similar to me. Any clues?

Answer:

I have addressed this issue in my post on how to modify your Facebook background colors. One of Facebook’s key features is the uniformly clean and non cluttered UI that makes the application easy on the eye, and thus, i believe that chances we will be able to customize the background layout color scheme of our Facebook is low. What we can do, is to leverage Mozilla Firefox, Greasemonkey and the Facebook Auto-Colorizer script in order to display custom backgrounds for all Facebook profiles and photo albums we browse. The pages color scheme is built dynamically in order to match the photos displayed in the page :)

Important note: This trick will only work only when you access Facebook from a Mozilla Firefox browser with Greasemonkey and the Auto-Colorizer scripts installed.

Filed Under: Facebook Tips

1. Kelle says:

Here’s my query:

I just opened a MySpace account and found a animated image on Photobucket that I really like, and it changes scenes fast 3 times. What I’d like to do is use it as my profile pic on MySpace. How would I go about doing this? I’ve also attached the direct link to it, so you can see what I’m talking about and maybe go from there. I’d appreciate the help!

2. Arief Hidayat says:

I want to modify my facebook background

3. Lisa says:

Have just installed the auto colorizer, and I’m unsure if I like it as of yet. Is there a way, to be able to change your background and colours etc on your own. For example to make boxers transparent, customize your own borders, fonts etc, yes similar to myspace and other sites I know, just wanted to make the profile a little more appealing.

4. Shannon says:

what site will actuly help me change my background on facebook because i changed it before and i dont remember how i did it and now i dont like it so how do i change it ??

5. Bob says:

This doesnt answer the question though i have firefox and the downloaded greasemonakey what do i do after that?

6. Jessica says:

so i have firefox and greasemonkey and i got the facebook auto colorizor but i dont know what to do . its not letting me do anything

7. Diana says:

If you go to the “applications” search on facebook & enter page rage profile layouts, you will find an application that allows you to browse layouts and select them for you page. The only catch is that your friends must have the pagerageprofile application added to their account in order to see your layout. If you & your friends are into this, shouldn’t be a big problem.

8. sakib says:

i want to change how my facebooks profile colour so that everyone can see it..and not only me. How do i do it??

9. sast3r says:

You just have to find an xss vulnerability in facebook and add new javascript code to that . If you found let me know!

10. Nel Luneto says:

i’d like to change my facebook back ground n lay out

11. i wanna changa my back ground profile

12. scott says:

Actually, just install Yontoo’s “Layers” technology. Pretty cool stuff: http://www.yontoo.com/

13. edymiko says:

This worked for me :
    after you have downloaded greasemonkey and installed Facebook Auto-Colorizer, go back to http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/3626 and click on the link ‘Script homepage’
    Its a refreshing change after the usual boring blue & white dominant colour used in FB, and it follows the colour scheme of your profile picture (though not very accurately). So if you get bored, just change your profile picture. Its a pity though in that you can’t customize it freely e.g. assigning your choice of colors or using additional skins.

14. hanum says:

So nice posting. Thank’s a lot for info sharing ^_^

15. Georgina says:

I was just wondering if there is anyway to change the font on facebook, to make my wall posts stand out a bit. To make them in bold or larger fonts.. Any help at all is appreciated!

16. me says:

what they didnt tell you is that the change is for you aloe no one else can see it !!

17. Corona says:

Thats what I was thinking as I was reading the setup, whats the point if I’m the only one that can see it?

18. Mei Ling says:

I feel the same way..I wanted to customize my facebook background. Not have the same thing as everyone else. But thanks for the suggestions….Anymore suggestoins?

19. hershey says:

wow i can change my facebook profile ?
    can you teach me plz

20. Danielle says:

it’s strange because I downloaded page rage, selected a background and I visit my FB to find it on there for like 5 seconds, then the page goes blank, WTF?

21. Jerry Jay D says:

It doesn’t make sense at all. The purpose of changing color background on facebook is that you want your friend to amaze your profile, but not you-yourself only to see it. What is the use of changing color background that you do not know any one of your friend has installed the same tool in order to see the color of your profile background?

What I want is that from facebook itself. When I changed it, everyone sees it without installing any tolls just to view my profile with new color background.

22. Suparna chakraborty says:

I need to change my background.what should i do?

23. Ishaq Umar says:

Please help me on how to change my old password cos am a new user.

24. bahzad says:

i want change my facebook background colors and themes,,,,, so what should i do?

25. aungaung says:

I need to change my facebook background. what shold i do?

26. simi says:

its really simple…just download Greasemonkey and the Auto-Colorizer script and you are done with that :)