Rubina asked us this question,
I played CityVille for a few days, but now I am tired of it and want to delete my account. How do I do it? I’d also like to remove it from my Facebook, if that’s possible.
Thanks for the question, Rubina. You should keep in mind that CityVille is merely an ‘app’ within Facebook, and you aren’t creating a new account to play it. So there’s no ‘CityVille account’ to talk about in the first place! You can get rid of CityVille just by removing or blocking the app from your Facebook account. We have the detailed the steps for you below,
- Log in to your Facebook account, and go to Account –> Privacy Settings from the top right corner of the page.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click on Edit your settings under Apps and Websites. Click on “X Remove unwanted or spammy apps”” under Apps you use.
- Track down CityVille from the list, and remove it from your profile by clicking the X button to the extreme right of it. Click Remove on the confirmation dialog again, and you’re done!
Do note that this will NOT stop your friends from continuously sending you crazy CityVille requests in future. To stop that, you will need to block the CityVille app. Go to the CityVille app while you’re logged into Facebook, and click on the Block App link on the left sidebar. Confirm your action, and you will just have freed yourself from the clutches of CityVille for the rest of your lives.
Filed Under: Facebook Tips
You might want to look into these related tips and tricks:
- How to block CityVille requests, posts, invitations, notifications and updates?
- How to hide Cityville updates in your Facebook news feed?
- How to block the Facebook Marketplace app from your account?