This was the question which was asked by a reader:
Is there a way for me to disable comments from my posts? I have been looking to do it but I can’t find it. How can I prevent people from commenting on my posts and wall? Please help me out
Thanks for the question. Unfortunately, there is not a simple way to disable comments on your posts in Facebook. But there are ways to work around this:
- Setting Visibility for Post – By using the lock icon near your status update, you can change the visibility of your post and make sure it’s not available to everyone.
- Changing Privacy Settings – You can change your privacy settings and let only friends post on your wall and stay away from people who keep spamming.
- Blocking the person – If the person is still really irritating with his comments, you can block the person and have nothing to do with them.
A lot of discussion has been raised over the option to let people disable comments. When it is available, we will surely let you know about it.
Filed Under: Facebook Tips
You might want to look into these related tips and tricks:
- How to change your Facebook wall access settings?
- How to hide wall in new Facebook interface?
- How to post a video on one of your friends Facebook wall?