One question that prevails among the entrepreneurs is :
Facebook is a powerful business tool for marketing and to connect with customers. When it comes to business, PowerPoint presentations are more used to create company profiles and service advertisements. How can we share these presentations in Facebook?
Not just business, presentations are nowadays widely used in almost all fields from education to entertainment. Unfortunately, there is no direct option to upload presentations(ppt, pdf) in Facebook, but one can easily share presentations, with Slideshare application in Facebook.
Using Slideshare application in Facebook
- Log into your Facebook account. Go to the Slideshare application page in this link.
- To upload a presentation, select Upload tab. The following page opens. Click on Browse and select files.
- Browse for your p-pt/pptx, keynote or Open Office document and locate the path. Add title, tags and description about the presentation and Click on Publish.
- You might need to wait for sometime for the document to process and to share it in Facebook. Select My Slidespace tab and check for the status of the presentation by refreshing it periodically. When the document is successfully uploaded, you can now invite your friends to see your presentation.
- You can also share an existing Slideshare presentation by clicking on the presentation that you find in the Popular tab.
- You can now open the presentation by clicking on it and then post it in your profile by clicking on Post to wall.
From Slideshare.net site
- Alternatively, if you have a Slideshare.net account, you can easily embed the presentation in your Facebook profile.
- Open the presentation that you need to share in Slideshare.net and copy the embed code.
- Paste it in your status and the presentation gets embedded and you can now share it in your profile.
- The presentation is now added to your profile. Click on it to see the presentation.
Sync Facebook and Slideshare accounts
You can also synchronize Facebook and Slideshare accounts by clicking on Sync SlideShare.net Account that you find on the right top of the Slideshare application in Facebook, so whatever you post in Slideshare.net gets posted in your Facebook profile(only public presentations) and vice versa. It is now available for both your Facebook friends and Slideshare followers to view and comment on it .