Here is a question from one of our readers.
Some days back I removed the Facebook ticker from my account as I found it annoying. But now I am not able to keep track of the activities of my friends. How do I get the ticker back?
You can easily get back the ticker. You would have done one of the mentioned activities in our post – How to disable the Facebook Sidebar Ticker? . Now read more to know how to restore it back.
If you had used FB Purity, it is very simple. Just follow these steps :
- Click on FB Purity that you find in the News Feed.
- Search for Ticker bar in the list.
- Uncheck the box that is next to Ticker bar and refresh the page.
If you use Google Chrome and had installed the Chrome extension Hide Facebook Sidebar Ticker, go ahead and uninstall the extension from the browser. To uninstall this extension from Chrome following these steps:
- Select Options from the Chrome menu which is at the right of the address bar.
- Select Extensions tab and find this extension from the installed extensions.
- Uncheck the box next to Enable or remove the extension to uninstall the extension.
If you are a Firefox user, you would have probably used Remove Facebook Sidebar Ticker add-on. To uninstall this add-on from Firefox,
- Open Add-on Manager by selecting Add-ons from Tools menu.
- Locate the add-on and click on uninstall to remove the add-on.
- Restart Firefox.
Follow the same steps to uninstall if you had used some other extension with respect to the browser. This would restore the ticker in Facebook.
Filed Under: Facebook Tips