A colleague who tried to run PES 2013 on his Windows XP SP3 machine just called to tell me that he encountered the infamous d3dx9_30.dll is not found error.
We have covered this and other DirectX DLLs related errors in the past and the problems are almost always related to outdated DirectX components. This causes games and application to fail to start as they are not be able to locate the required runtime files.
If you encountered the d3dx9_30.dll error, proceed as following:
- Close Pro Evolution Soccer 2013.
- Navigate to the DirectX download page.
- Hit the Download button to retrieve the latest Microsoft DirectX End user runtime 9.0C package.
- Install the package on your Windows 7, Vista or XP computer.
- Restart your PC and launch the game again.
- Never update your Direct X dlls manually. Always use the official updates from Microsoft.
Filed Under: Video Games