Every few days, we receive a question about not updated .dll (dynamic link libraries) files in popular video games. Yesterday, it was Evgeny, who asked the following question:
Trying to launch Battlefield 4 on my Windows 7 computer and getting the following error: d3dx11_43.dll is missing from your computer try reinstalling to fix the problem”. Do you recommend to uninstall Battlefield? Or simply download the missing dll file? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks Evgeny for your question. Actually I don’t recommend both ways. First off, we recommend to avoid downloading dll files from web sites other than Microsoft. As for the fix to the problem you are encountering, please try the following steps:
- When encountering the error message, first restart your PC.
- Then open your web browser and navigate to the DirectX web installer page.
- Run the installer. This will update Direct X files as needed (for all versions of Direct X9, 10 and 11).
- After installation is over, restart your computer. Your problem should now be solved.
- Windows XP users should be aware that DirectX 11 is not supported on this platform.
Filed Under: Office Tips