If you still don’t run WhatsApp Messenger on your iOS, Android or Windows Phone you better do ASAP. Simply put, WhatsApp is SMS on steroids and for 1$/year. You can not only send 1:1 or group text messages but also pictures, audio messages or videos (of up to 90 seconds).
The application is extremely popular as it runs on iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone and Symbian devices, so most chances your friends and family are already using it. Unlike other popular apps, WhatsApp offered a localized user interface available in more than 20 different languages.
Here’s how to get yourself a WhatsApp account in five easy steps:
- From your mobile phone, navigate to the the relevant application marketplace (iTunes App Store, Google Play, Windows Phone Marketplace etc’).
- Search for WhatsApp and install the application on your mobile device.
- WhatsApp will then take you to a series of steps in which you’ll set your display name,default picture and status message (all of the above can be changed in case of need).
- In case that you have already set up a previous WhatsApp account on this device, you might be sent a one-time confirmation message aimed at verifying your phone number.
- WhatsApp will then crawl your address book and automatically create entries for your contacts. You are able to easily add or delete more contacts as needed.